Penn Central Library
General information about the Penn Central, both the railroad and the corporation.
Rosters and references for Penn Central locomotives, cars, and other rolling stock.
Forms, employee timetables, and other items essential for day-to-day railroad operations.
Public Timetables and other materials used for passenger trains.
Information for those recreating the Penn Central in miniature.
The Penn Central employee magazine.
Penn Central sightings and other news from today.
References and Resources
- Bibliography: Penn Central bibliography. Contributed to by Paul Hinton and R. Todd Minsk.
- PC Magazine References: References to PC articles in various model railroading and prototype magazines.
- Penn Central Freight Car Directory: Online book of PC freight car drawings, car numbers, etc., from 1974 (external link).
- Multimodalways Penn Central archives: Scanned PC track charts, blueprints, freight schedules, maps, dispatcher sheets, employee timetables, and other publications. (external link).
- www.unlikelypcrr.com: Scanned PC POST issues, operating manuals, employee timetables, etc. (external link).
- A Sampling of Penn Central Google Earth Project: A file you can load into Google Earth to view the locations where many of the pictures from Jerry Taylor's book A Sampling of Penn Central were taken.