Check out these other fine web sites. If you would like your railroad web site added here, please contact me and let me know.
- Penn Central Railroad Historical Society: The official online home of the PCRRHS.
- Penn Central Caboose Page: Jim Hebner's PC caboose page.
- Chip Syme's Penn Central: An amazing PC model railroad layout. This is the way PC modelling should be done!
- PCModeler: A Yahoo! Groups e-mail list on modeling the Penn Central.
- Penn Central Hauls the Coal: An amazing site about the PC coal-hauling lines in the Clearfield District of central Pennsylvania. By Michael Bezilla.
- Surviving Penn Central Locomotives: A site listing surviving PRR, NYC, and PC locomotives. Maintained by Scot Lawrence.
Subsidiaries and Predecessors
- Keystone Crossings: An excellent site devoted the great and mighty Pennsylvania Railroad!
- The Broad Way: A PRR Home Page: Mark Bej's Pennsy page.
- Rob's PRR page: Excellent resource for freight and passenger car information, equipment diagrams, signal plans, decals, etc.
- Unofficial Pennsylvania Railroad Page: Another PRR site.
- PRR Technical and Historical Society: Preserving the heritage of "The Standard Railroad of the World" for future generations.
- Pennsylvania Railroad, P&E and E&P Branches: Jerry Shickler's website on the PRR Philadelphia & Erie Branch and the prototype for my model railroad, the Erie & Pittsburgh Branch.
- National New York Central Railroad Museum: In Elkhart, Indiana.
- Toledo West: A website dedicated to preserving the memory of the old New York Central Lake Shore Line, Toledo West Air Line, with a focus on operations in the transition era to the end of the Central, 1948-1968.
- Canada Southern: Terry Link's site about a Canadian subsidiary of the Penn Central, the Canada Southern, which ran roughly between Detroit and Niagara Falls. (During the PC era it was operated as the PC's Canada Division.) Also includes other NYC pictures and modeling information.
- New Haven in the 90s: Thanks to Connecticut DOT, you can still see "New Haven" trains, as illustrated on this page by Mark Wurst.
Successors: Conrail, NS, CSX
- Conrail: The official page for what is left of Big Blue.
- Conrail Historical Society: Everything that was once blue from an historical perspective.
- Conrail Cabin and Caboose Exchange: Everything you wanted to know about Conrail cabeese.
- Conrail Cyclopedia: Everything you wanted to know about any and all Conrail rolling stock. Wow!
- Conrail Southern Tier Society: The past, present, and future of Conrail's ex-Erie Southern Tier Line.
- CSX Transportation
- Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Cleveland Union Terminal Archives at Cleveland State University
- Buffalo Central Terminal at the Buffalo History Works. Excellent site!
- Existing Railroad Stations in New York State: by Charles P. Woolever
- Ohio Railroad Stations Past and Present: by Dan West
- Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past and Present: again, by Dan West
- ICC Accident Reports: Full reports of Interstate Commerce Commision accident reports for railroad derailments and wrecks at the DOT Special Collections web site.
- Erie Lackawanna and other Fallen Flag and Shortline Railroad Photos: A fanastic web site by George Elwood.
- Lake Shore Railway Historical Society & Museum: Located in North East, PA.
- Chicago & North Western Historical Society: Remembering the great C&NW.
- Chessie System Historical Society: Preserving the legacy of the railroad named after the cat.
- Industrial Heritage Homepage: Vagel Keller's page devoted to the industrial heritage of Pennsylvania.
- Friends of the East Broad Top: Preserving the history of the East Broad Top Railroad for future generations.
- South Pennsylvania Railroad: Russ Love's site devoted to the railroad which preceeded the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
- Railroad and Anthracite Page: The Legacy of Railroads, Anthracite, Heavy Industry in Northeastern Pennsylvania
Railfanning and other info
- Mainlines East: Featuring U.S. railfanning east of the Mississippi.
- Ohio Railroad Page: Photos and other info on railroading in my favorite state.
- NiagaraRails.com: Covering the railroads of the the Golden Horseshoe (the Hamilton area of Ontario).
- N1YLN's New England Railroad Links Page: by Ed O'Lena.
- Central Indiana Railroad Information Network: Railfan information for central Indiana.
Other Railroad Links
- Rail Passenger USA: Extensive information for those traveling by passenger rail in the US.
- Cyberspace World Railroad: One of the first railroad sites on the web and still one of the best! By the one and only Dan Dawdy.
- Webville and Hypertext Railroad: by Chris Coleman. Lots of links here.
- RailroadData.Com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine: A searchable, categorized directory of railroad websites, featuring links to over 5,000 railroad web sites.
- Rails USA: All Rail All American Search Engine and Directory
- Operation Lifesaver: The life you save could be yours!
- Walter Gosciminski's Caboose Page
- Walter Gosciminski's New Caboose Page
- Railfan.net: By railfans for railfans. Donated by the Blue Moon Online System. (Also the host for this web site!)
- Stan's Railpix: Photo gallery of original images, with most taken in the Philadelphia, PA, area. Included are Amtrak, Conrail, CP, CSX, NJT, Septa,and many other area rail lines. New images are added weekly.
- The Railroad Paintshop: Paint your locomotives!
- Arnold Morscher's web page: Lots of good early Conrail photos from around the northeast in the mid- to late-1970s.
- Railroads of Northwest Ohio: News from around the northwest corner of the Buckeye State. By Cass Telles.
- Sebring Model Railroad Club: Located in an old station along the former Pennsy Ft. Wayne Line in Sebring, Ohio.