Metropolitan Region - Hudson Line
Philipse Manor Station, NY
Philipse Manor was a station located 25.8 miles from Grand Central Terminal, a little over a mile north of Tarrytown, NY. The following pictures show there action there on October 29, 1975.
PC FL9 5010 brings an express train of commuters through Philipse Manor. Express trains used the inner tracks, and Philipse Manor was a local-only station, with no platforms for the inner tracks. Photo by Harv Kahn.
Croton-Harmon is located 32.7 miles north of Grand Central Terminal, and was home to a shop complex for maintaining commuter equipment. This shop is still in use by Metro-North today.
Sporting full, very clean, Penn Central paint, former Cleveland Union Terminal P-2b 4628 motor leads FL-9 5006 as they await a trip into the "Big Apple" in May 1971. These units were moved to the New York City area after the electrification in Cleveland was de-activated in the mid-1950's on the then New York Central. Collection of Dale A. DeVene Jr.
The painting crews obviously did a rush job on P-2b 4635 as they left off the large PC logo applied to these large electrics. But the crews managed to get the logo on the commuter car following the P-2b in this April 1971 photo at Croton-Harmon, NY. Collection of Dale A. DeVene Jr.
PC E8 4045 and P2b electric 4635 are swapping places on a passenger train at Harmon on July 9, 1972. The cigar band is showing through the black paint on the ex-NYC E8. From the collection of Stephen Foster.
A nortbound commuter train powered by a pair of PC FL9s in the MTA blue-and-yellow paint scheme accelerate north out of Peekskill, NY, along the Hudson River on June 16, 1977. Photo by Arnold Morscher.
A southbound freight, led by PC U33B 2897 passes through the Poughkeepsie passenger station while an RDC makes a station stop. The former New Haven Poughkeepsie Bridge is in the background. Photo by Arnold Morscher.