Re: PC: Mars lights on E7s?

On Aug 7, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Haagtk@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 8/7/2009 3:35:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, su_carbs@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hello all. After being given a rather nice P2k E7 recently, I have to wonder. Did any PC units still have their Mars lights installed? Mine has a rather nice setup that I'd hate to remove. Either way, I'll still have to remove the lower headlight for a PC unit. Thanks in advance.

Well I think that I am a little confused. First I do not think the either PRR or NYC even had Mars lights.

http://rr-fallenflags.org/prr/prr5771.jpg - the first two PRR BP20s (5770 and 5771) had them...the PRR E7s did not as delivered.  Don't think any of the NYC units did either.  And of course the BP20s were razor blades long before the PC came into being.

 Second if you know that the lower headlight would need to be removed that would only allow one headlight...so where would the Mars light go?

So no a Mars light on a PC E7 unit would not be approriate.

This is true :)