[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PC: Buckeye Yard Closes
- Subject: Re: PC: Buckeye Yard Closes
- From: Derrick Brashear <shadow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 08:26:36 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=HVVDnRo54gFQ5slAKSNp7m9YIPWpSHeY5JFmwu+/0hE=; b=PQ+R8kaBo/7QjERwwbBBkwq20VlVUmryDppuPIi2t5BzqJy5SGGWKP6fG1trBxBC0n jLMexrY8hGZGl8OEE+AEWqHDckscKXGvzNi4MB5TJsI5GjEscegMSk+u+cD1PA2Ib5hB JaI3kR43SriNgRSCU4zUZ1siBheG8p3p7l5KI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=I52IIUOYTtH07Tachn9cGzWYHsEkwoL9TVOmsXiDBD8ZvtpHANmIvqKHuju1C2nrCy hsPILpEgNXHNZYdWwL5Trz37/8WSwKGwpwY2i+I13m2sy4YPsCEG3Q/eTQKwvIg8c3wf Bqoyn2akezUSB4hzKoXMMnlUKWYqEBQkkaSAM=
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Jim Kosty <j_kosty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How in heaven's names did this happen? Is this one of those deals with NS
> sending all the work to their southern railroad yards and downgrading
> everything up this way as the economy gets lousier? Or is this just another
> sad sign of the continued undoing of America?
> Hard to believe, as under PC and CR, this was a bustling place.
> Conrail should have never been split up. CSX and NS have no business where
> they are now and CR ran the rails out from under both of those companies.
> Sad, sad, sad!
If by southern you mean Watkins... Columbus Dispatch quotes an NS
spokesman, Rudy Husband, as saying volume was sufficiently low as to
make 2 yards in Columbus unwarranted at this time.
Main Index |