Re: PC: NYC/PC/CR Caboose - ORDER NOW!

   I am not trying to be a smartass here.  OK... maybe I am a little bit.
Hopefully, this doesn't get out of hand.  I don't believe that Gary Wright
is not making an N-Scale model of this car because it is "impossible".  The
truth is, it is far from impossible.  It wouldn't be any harder to make an
N-scale version than it would be to make an HO-Scale version.  Photo-etching
is almost limitless in it's possibilities.  When I can get all these detail
parts from several manufacturers already in N-scale, I believe someone out
there is trying to give me a line.  I am sure the simple truth of the whole
matter is: Gary and WTRM doesn't want to produce an N-Scale model.  Maybe he
belives that he cannot recoup tooling costs and make enough sales or
whatever.  So be it.  That is his right.  He doesn't have to produce
anything that anyone wants.  However, this has nothing to do with physical
production hinderances.
   Now, I don't want to start an HO vs. N scale flame war.  N-scalers have
been blown off on matters and excuses like this for decades.  You learn to
either "have-not" or learn the art of kit-bashing and fabricating... if you
want the advantages of N-scale.  If you choose to model the uniqueness of
Penn Central as well, you have your work cut out for you.  I have already
made myself one N-7.  I wouldn't mind having several more.  And, I'm sure
Garys model would be at least a little better than my model anyway.
   I think I have said my peace on this matter.  I was actually willing to
let it go after the last message and I hope I really didn't offend any of my
fellow PC modelers.

-Gregg B.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index