Re: PC: What's in a name?

I remember there were numerous opinions on the subject tossed around on this list about 7 or 8 years ago.   PCT&HS (Technical and Historical) was one of them, but I thnk the final name was chosen to best identify the group as being railroad related.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: zootowerprr -AT- webtv.net
To: penn-central@smellycat.com
Sent: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:56:13 -0500
Subject: PC: What's in a name?

Hey Guys.....

           I had a very interesting conversation today. I was asked
today (by an ex railroad employee): "Why do you guys (the PCRRHS) call
yourselfs the Penn Central RAILROAD Historical Society. It was the Penn
Central Transportaion Company...not railroad. All of the paper work said
Transportation Company" At first I thought that he was being a
smart-ass. But when I thought about it, it was Penn Central
Transportation Company.
          Thought I'm a founding member, I wasn't here to name the
Society. Penn Central Railroad sounds fine to me, but was it ever
discussed to have the name Penn Central Transportation Company
Historical Society or PCTCHS. That's a mouthful!
Just curious....

Dave Hopson

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com