Re: PC: Gardenville

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Jerry Jordak wrote:

> zootowerprr -AT- webtv.net wrote:
>
> >        Trains magazine Feb 1976 has a big article on Baffalo. Also
> > "Trackside around Buffalo" (Morning Sun Books) may help also.
>
> Interestingly, that Trains article was one of things I was reading.
> However, that article focuses on the joint EL/N&W Buffalo Terminal area,
> and doesn't say anything about the Gardenville line, other than the map
> which shows that it was gone by 1976.

Nothing anywhere seems to say anything about Gardenville. It was ballyhooed by
NYC when it was built in the late 1880's and seems to have been rarely
mentioned after that.

My dad did tell me that he remembered seeing lots of Hudsons in the dead line
there near Union Rd in the mid-1950's.

Henry

Home | Main Index | Thread Index