[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PC: Re: 29 years ago today......
- Subject: Re: PC: Re: 29 years ago today......
- From: Stephen Vargo <anthrax2525@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 12:29:38 -0800 (PST)
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=ff4y72k6HSbVzg6xkPno6EVKHtATgDLvUFSv5NNjgfQSo+XTs6AJZzeQ2ZkbGwoCf9J3nOqLTvglU8cdkibC/KMof3nGpb5uufnIaZVA8mL1Wc7iIw4x4D1fI6vfoJ8a6PfBmL0Tl/mLjoFT0OrTtmEb893z4QQyRzCsjnKXugk= ;
Who knows? History may have even been rewritten to where the current megabloat carriers of today may not have existed. CSX could have been the name of a telecommunications company instead...Gary Farmer <gary -AT- mssinc.com>
Ahhh yes... ConRail. Basically it was PC with a load of Government money and
PC issues that they had been bringing before the Government for years that
were finally implemented...
I spent most of my "serious" railfanning years during Conrail, but I would
have preferred PC...
For all the griping about PC's paint scheme and logo, I always felt
Conrail's paint & logo were MUCH worse. That "can opener" just can't compare
with the "worms"!
All that having been said, CR in the end was a pretty good RR overall. BUT
one wonders if PC's management had been handed BILLIONS of $$$ and
deregulation / abandonments / labor concessions, etc. as they were asking
for (and CR got), I'll bet we'd still have PC today (or maybe they would
have been split by CSX & NS anyway...)
No matter, history is what it is.
PC is the goat, CR is the hero of NE
Do you Yahoo!?
Better first dates. More second dates. Yahoo! Personals
Main Index |