[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PC: Dynamic Brakes on Units and SD40Bs
- Subject: PC: Dynamic Brakes on Units and SD40Bs
- From: "Michael Worrell" <worrelmr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:40:23 -0400
Good evening, everyone. Two questions:
1. Would the PC have operated any motive power without dynamic brakes? I'm
woefully ignorant of the history of the things, and I'm working on a project
to make all my MSTS PC motive power as realistic as possible. Of particular
interest are the following types, inasmuch as I've got examples of them:
I'm told that there were never any E8Bs in PC service, so those are
admittedly a little fictional. In the event that a particular train (most
likely passenger) was in need of multiple E8As, was there any real pattern
as to how the things were arranged? And for what it's worth, what was being
used for passenger motive power aside from the GG-1? If "Penn Central Power"
were ever reprinted, I'd bet the answers would be there, but alas, I'm stuck
without a copy.
2. Does anyone have information regarding any Penn Central SD40B units? A
quick-and-dirty search of the Internet indicates that only the Soo Line and
the Burlington Northern had them, so I'm thinking that the digital one I've
seen is a fictional unit.
Thanks in advance,
"You think you know what I'm doing, so obviously you don't."---Aeon Flux
Main Index |