RE: PC: NYC Flexi-Van

I have a slide showing PC 5956 switching loaded Flexi-Van flats in Chicago
during 1973.  The first Flexi-Van container is a pure Pennsy side-door van
with "POCU" reporting marks in red lettering on a white background.  It's
possible that the "POCU" reporting marks weren't utilized until the mid
1970's and therefore wouldn't be listed in 1970 registers.

Mark B.

heavyelectric -AT- netscape.net ( )@smellycat.com on 11/15/2002 09:37:09 PM

Please respond to penn-central -AT- smellycat.com

Sent by:    owner-penn-central -AT- smellycat.com

To:    penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
Subject:    RE: PC: NYC Flexi-Van

The marks "POCU" do not exist in the Feb 1970 Intermodal Register.  I don't
have any later editions to check.