[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PC: Penn Central items for sale
- Subject: PC: Penn Central items for sale
- From: "Gary Farmer" <gary@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:03:19 -0500
Here is some new PC stuff for sale. You may reference the number
when you order. There's some really good stuff on here (at least I think
so). I hope you find something new for your collection! Prices do not
Please respond off list to gary -AT- mssinc.com
1. Penn Central police badge- #933 New Jersey patrolman. This badge has lugs
on the back for mounting to the officer's uniform. Good condition overall,
showing a fair amount of wear. $80
2. Penn Central police badge- #413 New York patrolman. Has lugs on the back
for mounting to the officer's uniform. Good condition, showing minor wear.
3. PC ADLAKE KERO lantern. Brand new- never fired. EXCELLENT, near mint
condition. Minor surface rust on 1 side of the handle (about 2 inches) Clear
4. PC teaspoon. PC silverware doesn't come up too often, mainly because
they only ran long-distance passenger trains from 1968-71. The spoon is made
International Silver in the "Broadway" pattern. PC logo is on the handle,
embossed into the metal. Very good condition. $18
5. "Potluck PC"- I just got a new shipment of PC forms and envelopes, none
of which I have ever seen before. Included will be various interesting PC
forms, big & small, several interesting envelopes (NYC & PRR included as
well). Also 4 coasters (paper) from the Penn Central Mutual Benefits
Association & several public timetables. Usually whatever I can find that's
6. PC POST employee magazine- all in good condition. $2 each. I have the
following issues available:
1970- July/Aug, Oct, Dec.
1971- Oct, Nov/Dec.
1972- May, Aug/Sept-(Special Flood issue- $4)
1973- March, Oct/Nov, Dec
1974- March, April, May
1975- Jan, Feb/Mar, April
1976- March (last issue)
7. PC Galvanized tin can. Ex- NYC style water can with pull-out wide mouth
lid. Oval shaped 8.5x 11.5 inches with a flat top, a large top handle, and
an angled spout. I spent YEARS looking for one of these for my collection
(there are lots of them marked NYC, but VERY FEW marked PC). This is a rare
can in good condition, except for the fact that the lid is missing. A lid
could easily be obtained from an NYC can however. $20 (if this had a lid, it
would be a $35-40 can).
8. PC elastic leg bands. Black with yellow PC name/logo & WORK SAFELY-
WATCH YOUR STEP on them. $6 for a pair.
9. PC elastic leg bands. Green with light white markings PC logo & "SAFETY
FIRST". $5 a pair.
10. PC Eastern Region Employee timetable number 8. Excellent condition. No
general orders. $3
Now a few Conrail items:
11. Conrail travel alarm clock (quartz). Has CR name & logo, as well as the
letters "EDI" are on the front of this square vinyl clock with gold metal
flat for storage. An interesting piece- probably an award or promotion of
some type. Clock needs a new battery. $15
12. Orange Starlite 222 battery lantern. No railroad markings, but it has a
hand- lettered sticker on it that says "Amtrak/ Conrail 1980". Still has the
battery in it & still works (barely- I think the battery is about dead). $4
13. CR Safety Rules- Blue cover w/ white lettering. These are for MOW &
Structures Employes. 2 Different styles (1 is from 1976 & the other is from
1978) $4 for the pair.
14. Conrail "Safety First" elastic leg bands. White w/ black lettering. $4
for a pair.
15. 20 page booklet recounting a speech given by L. Stanley Crane at
Syracuse NY April 7th 1983. Green cover w/ Conrail name & logo on the front.
Interesting to read the lecture that Mr. Crane delivered. Also included: A
Conrail employee counseling booklet. Both booklets $3.50
End of list
Main Index |