[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: PC: pc loco control box

What you are calling a loco control box was the "box" that housed the
cab-signal equipment for running on the ex-Pennsy lines that were
cab-signal territories.  All ex-Pennsy road locomotives had these boxes and
most road units that PC bought new came equipped with them.  If you see a
picture of a unit that is missing this box then it would never be able to
lead in cab-signal territory.

"Randall Smith" <penn_central -AT- hotmail.com>@smellycat.com on 05/04/2002
10:33:54 PM

Please respond to penn-central -AT- smellycat.com

Sent by:  owner-penn-central -AT- smellycat.com

To:   penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
Subject:  PC: pc loco control box

hello group:

i noticed when i began modeling the pc a couple of years back that there
a box on the front walkway on the engineers side of most locomotives.
someone told me this was a "control box", but for what i never found out. i
even noticed early conrail locos had them too. so what is this box for and
did all locos have them. if your gonna model something, might as well be
correct, right!

dayton N-dependent N-scalers

Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index