PC: PC lettering schemes

 In preparing to decal a Proto SW1200 I rooted through
available photos and was amazed at the diversity of PC
paint schemes applied to not only switchers but also
the road units.
 Everything from full lettering, name only, herald
only, herald on nose, odd size herald, herald in wrong
place, and no lettering at all.
 Then I got to wondering if a manufacturer might be
induced to release a unit in a scheme other than full
lettering. Would be acceptance of two different
schemes?