Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: PC: RE: warning - Consider the other side

Hi all--I would also add that communicating with the RR police is vital. Even if you are already well-known to your local railroad police, it is wise to contact them before going out to shoot pics. If you get hassled by other police, at least the RR police who know you could have a chance to vouch for you. I have contacted the CSX police where I am, and they are still friendly, but have advised me the last two weeks to hold off and to re-contact them in a week. They are not averse to we local railfans, but they aren't going to jeopardize safety or their own jobs for us to get some pics. Things will settle down a lot over the next few weeks, and we can certainly be patient.

Patrick