RE: PC: Re: white frames and worms

While the builders plates were stamped U30B, all of GE's production records call the 2858 and 2859 U33B's.  In fact all internal components were U33B components.  The 2858 and 2859 did have an addition transition piece that flared the radiator overhang into the top of the hood.  However, this also appeared on the GE test set of U33B's as well (GE 301-304).  This was the only feature that was not carried over into production U33B's.

Call them what you like, the two units were more like 33's than 30's.

GE has had this description issue with other units.  The MILW had four U33C's that had builders plates stamped U30C.  The first B36-7's were built as part of an SP order for B30-7's and show that model on the builders plate just to name a couple of examples.

John

Home | Main Index | Thread Index