Re: PC: Re: white frames and worms

Nope. Builder Plates  and NYC Roster read "U30B...3000HP" and NYC Class was
GF30. NYC had nothing above 3000 HP. This 2858 is a remanufactured GE U30B
test bed  unit with U33B style radiators but inside is a U30B. Air intake us
not that of a U33B that was built later after U30B production ceased. Only
PC owned the U33B's used on the Ex-NYC.
One not related not are U25C's. The last two 6518-6519 are 2800 HP U28C' as
the same type delivered to NP and built in December 1965 after U25C
production ceased.

>    NYC did own two U-33B's.  They were indeed the first production units
for
> the U-33B model and were numbered 2858 and 2859.  The numbers assigned to
> them, however, were right in the middle of the U-30B series (2830-2889).
> These two units had the sloped roofline near the radiator; the only
U-33B's
> I know of that had this feature.  However, all of the U-33C's owned by the
> PC had this same feature.  All of this is easily confirmed in Yanosey's PC
> Power.
>
>                                                   -Gregg B.
>

> >From: "ERIE LACKAWANNA SD45-2" <ERIE-LACKAWANNA -AT- prodigy.net>
> >To: <penn-central -AT- smellycat.com>
> >Subject: Re: PC: Re: white frames and worms
> >Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:39:57 -0400
> >
> >NYC never owned any U33B's. Engine 2858 is a one of a kind U30B built by
GE