Re: PC: Re: white frames and worms

Since NYC only had two U33B's you are either talking about 2858 or 2859.  I have
slides of both of these taken in the early 1970's in full PC paint and neither
has the white frame stripe.  The unit in the Conrail volume showing the white
frame stripe has to be the result of worn off paint.  Most of the ex - NYC
U28B's and U30B's only received repainting once and by the time 1976 came around
the paint jobs were pretty worn, showing the NYC markings and white frame
stripes underneath.  Back then they didn't sand-blast off the older paint but
just repainted over the existing coatings and sometimes the existing dirt.

"Bill K." <pontiac -AT- dreamscape.com> on 05/23/2001 11:12:39 PM

Please respond to penn-central -AT- smellycat.com