Re: PC: Run through power

With the PC ex - Amtrak E-Units, all the ex - NYC units conveyed to Amtrak were
conveyed painted in PC paint.  None had NYC markings left on them.  Of the ex -
PRR E8's conveyed to Amtrak, three of them were conveyed still in PRR paint.
They were 4250 (Amt 277), 4283 (Amt 291) and 4298 (Amt 305).  I have never seen
any photo documentation of these units running in PRR paint with the Amtrak
numbers.  I believe they were used as parts source to keep the others running.
4283 was officially retired under PC on 12/13/72 even though it was conveyed to
Amtrak, so it must have been in pretty bad shape.

"Chris Osterhus" <su_carbs -AT- hotmail.com> on 05/23/2001 12:45:36 PM

Please respond to penn-central -AT- smellycat.com