Re: PC: RI lines, and PC signal question

Jerry,

I never saw tricolor siganls used on NYC. Are these the "Reading" style
signals? West Shore, Hudson and Harlem Line's all used target style signals
with inside moveable lens. Tricolor style appeared under CR.

Danbury and Waterbury Branches are signal-less since there are no Maybrook
Freights via Waterbury Branch to Berlin and Hartford. Movements are DCS
(MBS). Signal is or was at Derby Junction, but not sure now since there are
no Maybrook Freights. Switch maybe hand thrown today. WALK, Norwalk is
remotelu controlled and signalled. Danbury Branch still has Catenary a few
miles north to Merrit 7 Station.

Jerome

P&W also is a DCS system.

> Chris Osterhus wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a source on PC signals? I'd like to scratchbuild a
few,
> > but I don't know the dimensions. I have a few photos, but they're a
little
> > faded, and I can't make out the details. Any help will be appreciated.
>
> You might find something on Mark Bej's signaling web site at
>
> http://broadway.pennsyrr.com/Rail/Signal/
>
> I don't know if he has drawings there or not, but there's probably
> everything else you want to know about signals if they're not...
>
> Isn't the term "PC signals" kind of vague? It depends on which
> predecessor you're thinking of.... :-)
>
> Depending on where you live, you can photograph PRR or NYC signals
> still today. Next time I'm behind the house I can shoot a pair of
> position-light signals for you, and NYC tricolor signals are found
> just about anywhere in the northeast. The only ones that could be
> tricky are ex-NH ones, as I think they were all eliminated on the
> Shore Line with the electrification, and I don't know if the P&W or
> any other operators of ex-NH trackage still have any signals still
> standing. The only ex-NH signal I know of offhand is at Derby Junction
> on Metro-North's Waterbury Branch, and it's been pretty well beat up
> by the local rock-throwing urchins...
>
> There's a guy (I think in Missouri) who makes really nice PRR-type
> signals. They're not cheap, but the best ones I've ever seen. I
> don't have the guy's name anywhere, but I know he's been at PRRT&HS
> conventions and such, so someone on the list might know who I'm
> talking about...
>
> -JWJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index