Re: PC: Why no money?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:59:34 -0500, penn-central -AT- smellycat.com wrote:

>  True, the debate over PC's demise can be a bit taxing.  However, I found
the
>  thread extremely interesting, far more interesting than the usual rivet
>  counting that goes on on other lists.  I find the stories behind the
models
>  just as entertaining as 'what diameter is the fan...' or 'is that 12"
>  numbers or 10"...'
>
>  These historical debates provide information on WHY PC was nursing Alcos
and
>  Baldwins into the mid 70's, not just what color they were.

Don't get me wrong, Weldon. I'm not saying it's not interesting. It's just
that we've exhausted it, pretty much.
And as for the Alcos, many other Class 1s were still using them regularly in
the 70s. Baldwins ARE another story I admit...
And yes, I agree that the pedantic "More Proto than Proto" things get real
tiring real fast...

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index