PC: E40's

Jerome wrote:

> Had the E40 been a
> bi-directional unit like the E33 they would have lasted on PC.

Jerome, could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you mean by
"bidirectional," as the E40s actually had cabs at both ends, unlike
the E33s and E44s. I guess I'm not following your train of thought here.

> E40's were
> removed from NH Region passenger service after the merger as Boston-DC
> trains only required a single GG-1 from New Haven than previous engine
> change at Penn Station to a GG-1.

Didn't the fact that they kept catching on fire have something to do
with it too? :-)

-JWJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index