Re: PC: PC (ex-PRR) FD1/FW2 car info

 Lon corrects me:
 > It is the FD2 class, not FD1
 >
 > Well..... kinda one number :~)
 > They always make it difficult.

I'm always mixing up the class on that car.  The well is FW1.

 Lon:
 > PC did recieve it and transfered it to CR.

 > Well flat section is number 768162 class FW1
 > Yes, ORER 1973 says still PRR
 > ORER 1977 says PC
 > capy. 590,000lbs.
 >
 > Solid floor section number 766163 class FD2 "Quenn Mary"
 > '73 ORER is still PRR
 > '77 ORER is CR
 > capy. 500,000 lbs.

I did a bit of research and found one reference on the web to a PC 766163
as being the well body and PC 766196 as the depressed flat body. If you
read all of the page, he crosses his wires on the class/numbers, so I'm
going to go with what I find in the PC Color Guide and ORER.

Here's the web site:
http://www.garlic.com/~tomd/flat_cars.html

As for the painting of the well car and loads... I'll just have to keep
looking.

Thanks for the info.

Gene Fusco        | (970) 206-5404         Gene.Fusco -AT- lsil.com     KB0ZMZ

S/W Development   |   Why do I take pictures of trains?
LSI Logic Inc.    |   Because they're too big to take home.
Fort Collins CO.  |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index