Re: PC: Early PC N5c paint/numbering

Yes, I think eventually everything got the better trucks.  And, there are a
lot of pictures of N5 and N5B cabins that clearly have leaf springs in the
trucks, yet still have the black cupola.  I guess the best thing to do is
model a car you have a good photo of.  As I remember, I recall PC painting
the entire cupola green, with the black roof edge like on the N8 and N5Cs
running between the green cupola and green carbody sides.  The N5 cupola
sides go right to the carbody sides, so they appeared to be green to the
carbody.  Also, Conrail painted their cupolas blue, but did the cupola roof
black.  Sometimes I get the two confused as they did some things similar and
others not.  I don't know if I answered your query - maybe added to the
confusion!

Have a Good Day!
Jim Kosty