PC: Re: Prototype

There is a museum near Altoona that has a car in PC livery, a passneger
car, although it is in original paint yet and pretty chalky...

The Indiana Transportation Museum in Noblesville IN has one of the last
ex-PRR RPO cars to operate.  The car is still in whitelined full PC livery
- unknown what they plan to restore it to, it's in decent shape and not on
the priority list for a redo, although a small covered hopper that had CR,
PC and PRR lettering all visible was getting painted in August -

Bill K.

----------
> From: Garrett Rea <Garrett.Rea -AT- worldnet.att.net>
> To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> Subject: PC: Prototype
> Date: Saturday, December 18, 1999 3:00 AM
>
> >That said, at least 3 different cabooses have been restored to PC colors
at
> >various museums, former PRR/NH cars I believe.
> >
> >Bill K.
>

> Yes, I have seen those, and my hat is off to those folks.  As far as
color,
> there was an article in the KEYSTONE a while back about a guy that
painted
> either an N8 or N5c in focal orange and hated it afterwards.  I guess red
> w/shadow keystone (the way they all get painted...) was his wish but why?
> His was different and preserved a moment of PRR (and early PC) history.
>
> Granted, a black PC E8 could be a bit of an eyesore due to size, but how
> about a green and white smooth side passenger car (if any survive) or
fluted
> car with the black letter boards?  I know that very few museums ever
obtain
> freight (esp second generation, IRM's six axle BN U boat is the only one
> can think of) diesels due to their value, but a step back, a GP7 would be
> sharp.  Unfortunately, the same GP7 in NYC would be pure nostalgia......
>
> GWR

Home | Main Index | Thread Index