Re: PC: Flexi-Flo car for Herald King decals

From:           	KEMACPRR -AT- aol.com
Date sent:      	Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:56:27 EST
Subject:        	Re: PC: Flexi-Flo car for Herald King decals
To:             	penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
Send reply to:  	penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
For you modelers who have a waybill system when I was on the EL
we loaded these cars at Hercules Cement at Nazareth, PA and
took them to Martins Creek and delivered them to the PC. The cars
then went to the RFP at Pot Yard for delivery to a bulk cement
storage facility in Richmond, VA. Also shipped cement on this
routing from Lone Star Cement in EL covered hoppers and from
Universal Atlas cement in Northampton and Bath cars.
Bob Stafford
A number of years ago AHM made a  Flexi-Flo car correct for the NYC/PC/CR.
These turn up at train shows once in awhile in the 4-10 dollar range.
Replacing the handrail assemblies on the end platforms and trucks/couplers
gives a pretty nice car. The AHM car is a match fot the Lot 963H cars built
by ACF in 1965. NYC numbers 885825-885899. There is a good color shot of one
of these in the NYC Color Guide for Freight and Pass. by Morning Sun. The
Flexi-Flo pictured in the PC color guide is a different Lot car #996H . Both
types had them same numbers on the PC.
                                                                 Ken McCorry

Home | Main Index | Thread Index