Re: PC: Oddball car

 > I was looking through my dad's collection of slides from 1975 and found
 > a wierd 70'? boxcar # 2549 with express trucks and a door on the left
 > and a door on the right of center. Almost like someone kitbashed 2 40'
 > boxcars.
 > I can't find any reference in the PRR guides, did PC have any of these
 > painted into green?

If you were referring to the PRR Color Guides, look again.  I don't recall
if they are in Vol 1 or Vol 2, but there are pictures of 4 door box cars
similar to your description.

If you saw these in the guides, and they don't resemble what was in your
slides, then I am *really* interested!

Gene Fusco        | (970) 206-5404         Gene.Fusco -AT- lsil.com     KB0ZMZ

S/W Development   |   Why do I take pictures of trains?
LSI Logic Inc.    |   Because they're too big to take home.
Fort Collins CO.  |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index