PC: PC Bankruptcy Letters

About 4 years ago while attending school at Niagara University, one of my
classmates had the opportunity to get us a tour of the Buffalo Central
Terminal.  Of course at the time, the terminal was boarded up, but my
classmate's friend worked for the leasing company who owned the building.

In any event, despite being in such a sad state of disarray.  The building
does have its potential.  Of course renovation and refurbishment would be
in the millions.  We went into every portion of the terminal except the
platforms since Conrail took it upon themselves to knock down the bridge
between the main terminal and the platforms.  And, the basement.  The
basement is so dark many flashlights would be required to see, not to
mention a good part of it is flooded with water.

Now the exciting part, two of the upper floors of the tower attached to the
terminal, I belive floors 4 & & are covered with paper. You can't even see
the tile.  Amongst this mess I found a photocopy of the Bankruptcy letter
that was sent to Shippers as well as Employees of the company.  It is dated
for June, the day of the Bankruptcy and is signed by the President of the
Company of the time.  I can't remember his name other than that he replaced
Saunders.

If anyone would like a photocopy of these letters please let me know.  I
just recently found them buried in my file cabinet, so they were lost,
found, lost and found again!

Thanks

Home | Main Index | Thread Index