Re: PC: RE: NS?...CSX?...PC!

If you go back to when Conrail was first formed, you'll find they took the
EL's UPS traffic away from EL routes to PC...  where they discovered for
various reasons they could not keep the same schedule.  Back to the EL they
went untill things could be sorted out - Not to mention I recall things
like power shortages to the point of ABBA sets of F-units gotten out of
mothballs and leasers from Precision, CNW, CN and others all appearing -

Bill K.

----------
> From: AGO3 -AT- aol.com
> To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> Subject: Re: PC: RE: NS?...CSX?...PC!
> Date: Saturday, June 19, 1999 8:25 AM
>
> I currently work for a bank that was just merged into a new company at
the
> same time as Conrail, over Mem Day.  We're seeing similar situations with
our
> customers.  There will always be some disruptions and some dissatisfied
> customers whenever a new company takes over.
>
> The important thing for a company is to keep everything in perspective
and be
> sure not to lose too many customers.
>
> The bottom line is that NS and CSX have to answer to their owners, the
> stockholders, and make the company more profitable from this merger.  To
that
> end I think we are going to see a lot of action for us railfans in the
future.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index