Re: PC: Ore Jennys

Scott West wrote:

> Ken, you noted the absence of the PRR/PC/CR ore jennies.  They're gone!  CR
> removed them from active service approx. 2-3 years ago.

[snip]

> Other cars were simply cut up for scrap.

Sadly, this is true. I remember seeing strings of the ore jennies at Midwest
Metallics (I think that's what they're called now) in Youngstown waiting to
get cut up. You could see them off the Division Street overpass, near the
ex-B&O Ohio Junction Tower. Now the cars are all gone, and unfortunately, that
tower also burned down a few years ago too....

Later,
-Jer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index