PC: Re: Lexan/ PC GG-1

<< Lexan was the window material used on many passenger cars. It did not fare
 well with cleaning solutions, abrasion and exposure to sunlight. >>

Lexan (and other plastics) also was not as clear as glass.  Modern Lexan is
much better, as it is used in greenhouse construction and will last 20
years+.  It's still not as good as glass in some ways, but you can jump up
and down on it and it won't break (greenhouse grade anyway).

There's an N scale Arnold GG-1 in PC colors on Ebay, not a bad looking
machine, but I think I still prefer the Pennsy colors.  Of course, painting
it in a Cigar Band or Lightning Stripe would really tick some folks off.

<A
HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=88514397";>http://
cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=88514397
</A>

Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index