Re: PC: Red/Orange PC logo (was:Bachman GP 30s/P2K PC GP 20)

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Gehrett <jim.gehrett -AT- platinum.com>

> This is great info.  Thanks Kevin.  I picked up the Microscale decal sheet
> with the red 'P' and orange 'C' and plan to do an engine when time permits
> (currently planning for a June wedding).  The questions I have (and I know
> these are newbie questions, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking things
> that seem obvious) are as follows:
>
> - What engines got the logo with the orange 'C'?

Orange C applied to:
GP40:    3170-3186    (as delivered 10/68)
RS3:        5585            (painted 4/69)

> - Was it that ex-PRR engines got the red 'P' and ex-NYC engines got the
> orange 'C'?

Both NYC and PRR had the Red 'P'

> Any info or a good source for info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Best source of this information is the book Penn Central Power by Yanosey -
published by Morning Sun books and is now out of print.

Terry Link
Bramalea, Ontario
TRLINK -AT- netcom.ca

Home | Main Index | Thread Index