Re: PC: Some Qs about detailing P2K E7 and E8 for PC.

>I need to know some details, for the E7 and the E8.
>
>I have some photographs from the Web page and  seems that at least one
of the side round windows on the E8 are blanked, Thatīs right?

>Also concerning The E7, the photograph I have is from what seems and
>Ex-PRR unit, with flat numberboards and lift rings.
>
>I have a PC roster, and it shows that 7 units of the E7A where in the
>PC. Where all ex-PRR or some are ex-NYC? Also, is posible to get the
exact number of this locos? Did the PC roster any of the NYC or PRR E7B
booster units? Also, I would apreciate any help concernig horn type and
location of the ladders in the front.

One ex-PRR engine was numbered #4201, and later donated to the Strasburg
RR museum in Pennsylvania. On my website, I have a pictures of E7A #4201
before & after restoration. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but ALL
the windows on the left side (i think) were blanked out in 1992. But,
since this engine has recently been restored, I don't know if they still
are. Also, at least 2 of Conrail's E8A's have had all their round
windows plated over also.  Hope this helps.

--Chris Osterhus
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9116
Central Penn Station