Re: PC: PC80041

Randy & Sharon Mower wrote:

> I've been working on adding some new photos to my Conrail site and came
> across a slide in my collection I've been trying to identify.  I took a
> picture of a unit numbered PC 80041.  This engine looks like a switcher
> which has had its cab extended at the back, also the front headlight was
> blanked out.  This engine still had its front radiator grill but had a
> lube plate stencil which would seem to indicate it was classified as a
> car.  Was this some type of switcher that was converted to a power car?
> I'm not sure but it looks like it may have started as a SW-1.  Anyone
> know the story behind this engine/car?

There's a photo of the 80041 in Yanosey's PC Power, which says that
it was converted from an SW1 into a midtrain remote control power unit
for their ballast cleaning train.

Later,
-Jer

--
Jerry W. Jordak               Time has little to do with infinity
mailto:jer@smellycat.com      and jelly doughnuts.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index