PC: PC80041

Hello all,
I've been working on adding some new photos to my Conrail site and came
across a slide in my collection I've been trying to identify.  I took a
picture of a unit numbered PC 80041.  This engine looks like a switcher
which has had its cab extended at the back, also the front headlight was
blanked out.  This engine still had its front radiator grill but had a
lube plate stencil which would seem to indicate it was classified as a
car.  Was this some type of switcher that was converted to a power car?
I'm not sure but it looks like it may have started as a SW-1.  Anyone
know the story behind this engine/car?
Randy

--
Visit Randy's Railroads at http://www.trainweb.org/randysrr/

Join the Western Maryland Discussion Group at:
http://WMRwy.listbot.com/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index