Re: PC: What killed PC?

If anyone wants to know what the U18B looks like...check out
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_csx9500.jpg and if you go to
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel12.html it has lots of pics of
U18B's in CSX and MEC colors.

I would be interested in seeing a picture of this SW looking U18B tho! (or
at least a drawing of one)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Bill K. wrote:

> GE did catalog a wierd-looking switcher-cabbed U18B in the 70's but never
> built one that I know of...    it looked wierd because it was a standard
> U18B in all respects but the hood sloped down to meet a SW-type cab that
> sat way up high on the body compared to the regular U-boats.
>
> GE units of the 60's were a 'use 'em up and get rid of them' locomotive and
> the dash-7's seem to be going the same way...  for some reason they haven't
> been as marketable as used EMD's; one reason is a rumor that I heard that
> GE won't sell parts for the old locomotives cause they want you to buy new
> ones -
>
> Bill K.
>
> ----------
> > From: Gene.Fusco -AT- lsil.com
> > To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> > Subject: Re: PC: What killed PC?
> > Date: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 11:21 AM

> that
> >
> > Then was corrected by alcoman:
> >
> > > SW1200 and SW1500's were made by GM if my failing memory serves me
> > > correctly
> >
> > Yes, you are correct.  My message was in error.  I meant to write "GE
> didn't
> > have as switcher option..."  I usually try to keep myself from doing that
> > by sticking to "EMD" when referring to the GM offering.
> >
> > Thanks for calling me to task on my slip. :^)
> >
> > Gene (Who can type faster than think)

William J. Enser         Co-Net Admin - Tech Supp & Validations
alcoman -AT- bluemoon.net     net.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Online System
x2 & K56flex/V.90 Access www.railfan.net - The Railfan Network
http://www.bluemoon.net  mud.bluemoon.net 4000 - MoonMud
bbs.bluemoon.net         irc.bluemoon.net-ZUHnet Buffalo,NY IRC Server

Home Page:http://alcoman.railfan.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index