Re: PC: Colors -Reply

Maybe they aimed it at early Conrail modelers?  LOL - paint it out and slap
the CR's on it and it would look correct then -

One thing too... I wouldn't worry too much about matching anything but
fresh paint, since it faded and changed colors pretty easily.  I've seen
covered hoppers that looked like they were a dark shade, PCB 54' cars that

Has anyone tried Military color lines for a match?   Polly-Scale and
Testors make lines of them.  Maybe a "Light Sea Green" would work, I never
thought to take a look -

Bill K.

----------
> From: Rob Carlo <robcarlo -AT- worldnet.att.net>
> To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> Subject: Re: PC: Colors -Reply
> Date: Thursday, October 29, 1998 12:26 AM
>
> Ken,
>    I asked the same question months ago.   One response was to try
Chrysler
> (Mopar) Engine Block Green as a close match.   I have yet to check this
> out.  I would also be interested in any other ideas.
> To date I've used mostly Floquil Coach Green spray,  also Testors Medium
> Green and a non-scientific mix of anything in Floquil bottles that looked
> close.     I've come to settle on "close enough".   This is a tough color
> to match.
>   On a related note, all who have criticized the Atlas U-33 lettering are
> correct.   It is just not right.  I purchased all three road numbers
> available to show Atlas some support with PC models,  however I blacked
out
> and relettered all as well.   All they need to do is purchase a set of
> Micro-scale decals to get it right.    They did an FP cab unit years back
> which was lettered correctly.
>
> Rob
>
> ----------
> > From: KEMACPRR -AT- aol.com
> > To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> > Subject: Re: PC: Colors -Reply
> > Date: Wednesday, October 28, 1998 2:32 PM
> >
> > Regarding colors has anyone found a good choice for the PC passenger
car
> color
> > which I believe was called Meadow Green.
> >

> Ken
> > McCorry

Home | Main Index | Thread Index