[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: PC: Interoir Caboose/Cabin Car interior?

Date:          Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:38:24 -0500
To:            penn-central -AT- smellycat.com, "price" <eprice@skantech.net>
From:          Jeffrey Dobek <jdobek -AT- mvp.net>
Subject:       Re: PC: Interoir Caboose/Cabin Car interior?
Reply-to:      penn-central -AT- smellycat.com

The color you are trying to describe sounds like Green Zinc Chromate. 
This was also used in locomotive cabs, building interiers, etc. To 
see a sample of it go to the hobby shop and look at Testors Model 
Master line. They make this color.
Bob Stafford

 >Hi Folks,
>  I recently came across of an old Gem Models PRR N-8 Cabin Car that I want
>to paint in PC colors.  The model as a rudimentary interior.  Any one know
>what the interiors colors were?
>                                                Ed

When we restored our ex-CR/PC NE-6 at Clinton, MI, scraping down under the
Conrail grey interior, we found a color of what I would best call
"institutional green" underneath. This is the type of green paint you might
find on the walls of a hospital, school, etc. I don't think I have the
color chip any more, but we found a good match at the local Do-It Center.


Home | Main Index | Thread Index