Re: PC: PC E7 -Reply

Jejunabra -AT- aol.com wrote:

> I might have seen them and the year of retirement was what I had read in one
> of our publications, possibly X2200 south. The last time i saw the 4014 was as
> 825 on the Cleveland Youngstown train. It is indeed a shame that none of these
> units was saved and restored to a dignified appearance as well as operating
> condition. If an E3, E6, E5, various E8 and E9 units could be restored to
> operation and decent appearances, why not an E7? by the way, Henry, did you
> ever get the goodies I sent you OKay? I hope to have a few other goodies for
> you before long.
>
> JIm Mancuso
> jejunabra -AT- AOL.com
9/26  Yes did receive the package thought I had written earlier
 Really like the 1944 New Haven and B&O have been trying to get a
 system timetable  1940 1950 and 1960 from each major railroad
  unfortunately money doesnt allow right now
 As for the E units  the 4014 did run on the Youngstown train until
  the end then was used at South Amboy during the 1978 79 power
  crunch was always middle unit  4022 was also used  4256 was painted
   blue with only CR on it  have shots of all of these
 As for the E7s shot 4244 and 4233 at So Amboy in July 1978 not being
 used  Im not very familiar with spreading info on the PC list maybe
 you could spread this out for me.
 Thanks  Henry

Home | Main Index | Thread Index