Re: PC: What If

>><< It was my understanding that the PC didn't want the NH but were

>> forced to take them to get the merger approved.... >>

>Not true...In fact the New Haven wasn't inducted into the PC Hall of
fame
>until a year after the merger was approved.

It is true that NH was not included in PC until 1969. However, it is
ALSO true that the merger was forced. NYC and PRR would only be
allowed to merge if they included NH. This was covered in a TRAINS
article in 1969, titled something like "When NH+PC=PC".

Peter King in NY

Home | Main Index | Thread Index