Re: PC: movie errors

That's about like when they ran "Summer Of My German Soldier" in high
school - it was made in the late '70's and set during WWII.  They got the
locomotive right, using SR mike 4501 - looked like the cars were right out
of the excursion group, complete with '70's era SR logos - The more amusing
error was later when they needed a fright train - same passenger - painted
green engine, hauling a bunch of modern Southern 50' boxcars.   Just a
little closer than double-stacks... but it's a case of using what they had,
those sort of errors are common.  I can think of a movie set in 1962 and if
you look out the back of the car in one scene as they drive through town,
about a '75 Firebird is visible following them - I can think of lots of
train related errors too (a Shay in Maine in 1959? wide-vision cabooses
behind steam?) It's either two things, one a case of where they assume
people won't know the difference, or like was already mentioned - they
shoot a bunch of takes and use the best one and if it has a wrong detail,
it gets missed or dismissed - by then it's too late/expensive to reshoot it
anyhow.

Bill's Syracuse rail page

http://www.dreamscape.com/pontiac/rail.html