PC: Re: Northern Michigan operations

TSBY still works north to the Wexford Sand Co. pit at Yuma. PRR
tracks south of Cadillac are removed, TSBY uses old AA tracks south
from Cadillac. TSBY also has former PRR tracks to Traverse City and
Petoskey.
TSBY/MDOT have been upgrading tracks and the whole line is in good
shape with many bridges and crossings being rebuilt and track rehab.
There was talk of putting tracks back in from Cadillac to Reed City to
serve a potash mine but was cost prohibited, instead truck to rail
transfer was built in former PRR north yard, Cadillac, and potash is
trucked in from Reed City.
Current major shippers are Holnam Cement, Elmira Mi, Petoskey Plastics,
Petoskey, Wexford Sand Co., Yuma, also lumber, cherries, scrap metel
at Traverse City on former C&O trackage.
TSBY's main power is former AA GP-35's.

----------
> From: Mark & Cynthia Du Vall <mc -AT- wnol.net>
> To: Penn Central <penn-central -AT- smellycat.com>
> Subject: PC: Northern Michigan operations
> Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 10:56 PM
>
> Hi Folks,
>
>  Just wanted to know what the PC did in northern MI, say from Grand
Rapids
> north?
>
> What are the current operations of the TSBY.  I know that they still run
> north of Cadillac on the former PRR but what do they do south of
Cadillac.
> Also do they still run up to Yuma on the former AA.  One other thing, how
> active was the former line north out of Jackson to Grand Rapids on the
> former NYC.
>
> By the way I will offer a $100 for that bobber caboose when monkeys fly!
>
> Mark

Home | Main Index | Thread Index