Re: PC: Re: PC MU # 1077

>Great idea!  Let's see one more time if DRM is interested, and if not, exactly
>what you said at the end of your message.  The car sounds like it's in
>horrendous condition and since the cabs are gone, this alone may turn them
>away from the car.  The BETTER get some 1100 series cars though when they're
>retired which will be soon.  Those things are in PERFECT condition, and the
>DRM can get about, oh just say 8 of them, repiant them in New York Central
>colors with NYC lettering, acquire two about to be retired FL-9's, paint them
>up in the New Haven colors again, and run the 1100's in their NYC paint in
>push pull with the FL-9's ratherthan bothering the MNRR for equipment on
>excursions.  When they're not using the equipment on excursions, they can have
>it on display.  I've spoken to John Silbert of the DRM, and he said they like
>the idea about the 1100's because they have reversable seats, so that when the
>train reaches the end of the line on an excursion, no one has to ride
>backwards for the trip back as many people do on DRM excursions using MNRR
>Bombardiers.
>
>I think it's a dumb idea anyway, for a RR to buy passenger equipment that has
>fixed seats.  The reversable seats are a great idea and even add flavor to the
>coaches for us railfans.  There's just something about hearing a conductor
>flip a seat to the other direction that there isn't with fixed seats.  Another
>thing is the trap doors at the vestibules of each coach with the steps leading
>down to the platform under them.  There's that sound that you know the train
>is about to leave the station when you hear to the door hit them metal.
>
>John Weyhausen

One problem with the 1100's...

...MN is removing the low level on many of these cars.  Almost all of the B cars have their trap doors welded shut...  Anyway...they are still an easy fix, just cut the metal, and get new trap hinges...and there ya go...

--JSW

Member:
Danbury Railway Museum:
http://www.danbury.org/org/drm

These opinion are MINE and I dont care if you (Jaap) like them.
The views/opinions expressed above do not reflect those of Danbury Railway Museum.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index