PC: Penn Central N-scale hoppers

Roundhouse has released their three bay hopper in Penn Central (Plus
Reading).  While I have yet to see them, they should be a good buy.  I
have put together several of their previous road names and except for
one thing, they go together well.

The center beam, made from metal, does not fit well inbetween the hopper
bays even after all the flash is cleaned off.  I take an X-acto knife
and carefully slice a some of the inside of the bay off.  Doesn't take
much, and I feel one needs all the weight in N-scale one can get.  You
could also file down the center beam as well and achieve the same
results.  The cars I have run fairly well and they do add a nice period
touch for older layouts.  The PC version is out of my time period,
Nickel Plate up until 1964, however, peotic license suggests that my
motive power requirements stop here, but I can go up to 1970 with the
cars.

For the money and the amount of time required to assemble these cars,
they are a good buy in my opinion.

Dale A. DeVene Jr.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index