[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PC: UPDATE #1 Penn Central Historical Society
- Subject: PC: UPDATE #1 Penn Central Historical Society
- From: Jim Hebner <hebnerj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:58:50 -0400
This just a quick update to let everyone know what is going on.
There is no need to reply to this
Three of us met during the Conrail Tech Society meeting and came up with this
plan of action
1) our first step should be to become a Non Profit with the IRS (a 503
something something) I have contacted a lawyer to help with that.
2) investigate / pick a state to become a non profit organization in
3) contact other Societies to see what their by-laws are like - lets not
reinvent the wheel! Letters have been written to several other Societies
asking for copies of their by-laws. Several have come in with some good advice
and samples of publications
Jerry was investigating a PCHS mail list for us to work in and not clutter the
main PC list
I'll post more as it evolves. My personal goal is to have it going this year.
We will see how fast things can move.
If anyone has specific questions or comments please contact me directly
at hebnerj -AT- clark.cc.oh.us
Main Index |