PC: An ex-PC H54 in Colorado

Yesterday afternoon, I spotted and photographed an ex PC H54 covered
hopper.  Still in PC green, but with the name and logo painted out with a
different shade of green paint. The reporting marks were RFMX (or RMFX, not
certain, I don't record that info when I have my camera, I rely on the
photos...) Their car number was in the 44000 series I think.

I developed the film last night, should have some photos scanned as soon as
I get a chance to make some prints. This same roll of film also has the
ex-NYC ACF cars I shot in Greeley last month.

The funny thing was the lead power on the train was a freshly painted
orange & green BNSF SD40-2. There were at least three other photgraphers
clamoring to grab shots of that, while I was shooting this old hopper
car. :^)

To be honest, I did take a shot or two of the engine.

Gene Fusco        | (970) 223-5100 x9404   Gene.Fusco -AT- Symbios.com   KB0ZMZ

S/W Development   |   Why do I take pictures of trains?
Symbios Inc.      |   Because they're too big to take home.
Fort Collins CO.  |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index