Re: PC: Speculative Modelling

Peter,
    I've always envisioned exactly the same in passenger equipment.    Do
you think PC would still be painting motive power black?   If you own a
copy of "PC Power" by Bob Yanosey, there is a color photo on pg. 136 of a
switcher painted by Despatch shops.  It is black with a green band centered
horizontally, bordered by white stripes, and the PC logo/lettering in the
green.  Looks real sharp!!   I think all would be forgiven by railfans in
general had PC chosen this scheme.
     Rob

----------
> From: MR PETER A KING <BGXX32A -AT- prodigy.com>
> To: penn-central -AT- smellycat.com
> Subject: Re: PC: Speculative Modelling
> Date: Friday, February 27, 1998 4:51 PM
>
> I envisioned new dual-mode FPL-45s, which had been delivered in the
> NYC light gray 'cigar band' paint scheme, being repainted into PC
> black. These would pull PCFleet coaches (derived from PC's successful
> Metroliners) on long-haul runs, and Bombardier commuter coaches in
> the NYC area. All cars would have green window bands, of course.
>
> Peter King in NY

Home | Main Index | Thread Index