PC: Possible sighting

We think we may have found a Penn Central Flatcar in service on the
Valley Raiload, a tourist line in CT. It was parked in the railroad's
Chester station with a prefab shed painted in railroad station colors.
The main station at Essex was not open, but we think that it may be a
building for the East Haddam part of the line, recently reopened. The
line runs from Hartford, CT, to the shoreline. It was abandoned when the
New Haven railroad merged with penn central (We think)
Anyway the car was in penn central green, with its markings rubbed out.
It appeared to be owned by CDOT before the Valley aquired it. The also
have a bunch of old New York Central and New Haven railcars, but in bad
shape. Ill send a picture of the flatcar once i develop it

TiM

Home | Main Index | Thread Index