PC: Re: HO Layout Questions

I am working on three modules for the Model RR club that I belong to and
wanted a definite PRR style to them.  I am using a book titled "57 Plans,
Compiled in the Office of Chief Engineer of Maintenance of Way for the
Pennsylvania Railroad" .  It is published by The Builder's Compendium,
Cossayuna, NY.

Some of your questions can be answered there.  Typical spacing between
rails on the Mainline is 13.0 ft.  This is rather close for model
railroads.  The spacing on the curves will be better determined by the
relationship of the radiuis vs. the longest cars to pass each other.

Good Luck!

Mike Wingard
102361.2253 -AT- compuserve.com

Home | Main Index | Thread Index