Re: PC: Re: PC engines in pre-PC paint

There was an ex-NYC GE unit that was in a corner of the Altoona yard in
1978 with a pushed in nose and cab. U25B 2612 still had its nose keystone
emblem in July 1974.

I took a picture of a bay window caboose in very well preserved NYC paint
with the "Road to the Future" slogan at Braintree, MA in July 1974.

I recall that there was a push to repaint all ex-NH equipment by 1972. I
can't recall when I saw my last engine or caboose in all NH paint, though.
I saw an FL9 in black/white/orange NH paint with PC numbering in July
1977.

Ed

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Jim Hebner wrote:

> There was trend here in Ohio for former PRR employees to rub
> thru the paint and expose the Keystones along the walkways.
>
> I have photos of a NYC U boat in '73 or 74. It could be
> possible.  I am sure that the RR press (PC railroader or
> Extra 2200 south ) would have reported the last repaint or
> unrepainted locos  in the Conrail era
>
> Along the same line - When were the ACI tags added to
> equipment? I have an undated NYC caboose with the ACI tag
> which I think makes it PC in NYC paint
>
> Jim Hebner
> http://lib2.clark.cc.oh.us/pc/pccab.html

Home | Main Index | Thread Index